Thursday, June 2, 2011

Shading Rules???



Sometimes when I get done with a piece I'm so excited to get started on the shading!!  It's like putting the frosting on the cake!!  Some people shade as they go - which I do sometimes, and others wait until they finish.  I usually like to look at the entire piece when I finish and try to get the feel of it.  For me, it makes a difference on my shading.  Other times I like how a pattern turns out and I can't wait to shade it and see how it looks completed.  I can't believe even with all of the tangles I make, I still get excited about them.   In case you have forgotten, I love, love, LOVE Zentangles!!  I don't think there's a right or wrong way (after all it's still Zentangling) but to be honest I haven't seen alot of dark shading on a lot of tangle tiles.  Of course I have to admit that I'm not a CZT and I haven't had any formal training so I really don't know what they teach you about shading (if anything) during the class.  I would love to take the class but circumstances won't allow it right now.  Maybe sometime down the road.  Hope you do something that YOU totally love, love, LOVE today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment