Thursday, March 3, 2011

So much talent!


I was looking through patterns over the weekend, and noticed that Sandra (molossus, whose life imitates doodles) has a TON of them!!  I didn't actually count them but there were SO many of them.  It amazes me how she can come up with all of her ideas, puts them to paper, and still makes them all look so easy. She makes everyone feel like "hey I can do that".   When I see what she's done I have one of those "duh" moments and think I should have come up with that.  Even the little animals she makes look so easy.  But the more patterns I looked through, the more I wanted to try them out. I had little scratch pieces of paper everywhere with her stuff on them (some turned out pretty good and some not so good), so I decided to try some out officially and do a page filled with patterns from her.  So all of these patterns on this tangle are from Sandra Strait (except for the bubbles I came up with those by myself - he! he not really cuz I don't know who really invented little circles!)  You will have to take a look at her flickr page if you haven't already because she is one talented lady.  Here's the link if you have time - I promise you won't be disappointed.  (http://www.flickr.com/photos/aceo/)     Sandra has a wonderful imagination and can put that to paper, but she is also humble about her talent, is kind and encouraging of everyone (I have the comments to prove it).  So if you're reading this, thank you Sandra for ALL of the many ways you have helped me and well, all of us!!  The Zentangle community is a warm and welcoming place because people with like interests aren't afraid to reach out to each other.  It's been a wonderful surprise for me (which I was in desperate need for).  Happy day to all of you and share your sparkle someone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment