Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Blue on Blue



Well it's pretty obvious that this isn't another version of this weeks' Challenge.  I would love to say that I did this in less than 15 minutes, but there's no way!!  After I stepped back when I finished the last pattern, I thought I would drag out my watercolor pencils.  I was pleased to see (because I don't use them enough to remember) there were several different blue pencils.  It was an easy decision because I'm still learning what colors go better together so I used all the different blues.  Sometimes I feel like I'm in grade school again trying to figure out what colors go better with other colors and how to blend colors and where to shade.  I'm sure I learned that somewhere around third grade.  All I can say to that is it was a LONG time ago!  It was fun to see how the different colors played out on the paper - some I didn't have to use much pencil to get the color I was looking for, and others I had to use more than I originally thought.  I learn something each time I try new things and I guess that's one of the reasons I am head over heals in love love (yes I meant to say it twice) with Zentangles.  The creative process is something I look forward to each time I sit down with my pens and journal as I wait for the next great thing to appear.  Ha! Ha! Sometimes I really crack myself up!!  Of course the next grate thing is all perspective so I'll keep working toward that.  All I can say is it gives me great joy and a sense of personal fulfillment when I finish a tangle and I'm pleased with it.  I hope today brings you that same sense of accomplishment!

1 comment: