Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ribbons and Pearls

I'm having a lot of fun with color this week!  It was easy to pick the colors for this, but I have to admit sometimes I get stuck there.  I'm never sure if I should blend and mix colors or if I should stick with one color.  Of course the easy way out is to just pick one color and change it up in the different patterns, but that seems a little like cheating when there are so many color options.  I know each piece dictates what needs to be done, but it still is a little intimidating because I stop tangling when I'm happy with the piece, and I don't want to mess it up by putting the wrong color in the wrong place.  I see pieces that others have done that the color looks awesome on (which of course encourages me to do more color) but even though I don't think I've achieved awesome yet, I'm getting happier with each piece as I go along.  I'm pleased with this piece so I hope you enjoy it!  Happy Day to you!!

1 comment:

  1. Festive is the first thing to come to mind with this piece. :D What I do to decide my colors (Not that I've used color much in zentangles, but in other stuff) is to try them out first on another piece of scratch paper and decide which I like best before I commit it to the finished piece. Sometimes, I think I like that process of picking the colors / patterns / shapes just as much as doing the actual piece.

    ReplyDelete