Monday, May 9, 2011

Yay No Calorie Breakfast!!!


Today I had bacon and eggs for breakfast and yes it really was calorie free!!  Ok I have to tell you that I didn't actually eat the bacon and eggs - I drew it!  Sandra Strait has a new pattern that she calls "bacon and eggs" and I just had to give it a try.  And what's not better than starting your day out with a new tangle and a new pattern!  I'm sure you can tell from my picture above which pattern is the "bacon and egg" pattern (ok upper left if you're confused).  Today's Challenge is a new pattern too so I'll have to get on that.  Rick and Maria never stop!  I have to tell you that the Royal Wedding Challenge from last week proved to get the best of me and I didn't do one.  First one I've missed since I started participating in them, but after seeing all of the fabulous pieces that were being done I couldn't think of anything that I felt would measure up.  If you haven't seen them you can go to Laura Harms' website and check out Challenge 20 - there is some totally awesome pieces there!  My freehand drawing isn't very good (just my opinion) but I'm excited about this weeks'.  I've actually practiced a little on the new pattern this morning so either later today or tomorrow I'll have a new Challenge piece to post.  New patterns are wonderful - they're like a new experience in life - which is why sometimes they work out and sometimes they - well - not so much! Sometimes you just have to practice until you get it right!   I hope your Monday is full of challenges that you can hurdle with no problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment