Thursday, April 28, 2011

All along the way



I started this a couple of months ago with just the ribbon string.  The more I looked at it, the more I wasn't sure what to do with it - so I did nothing (but look at it and shake my head).  When I ran out of paper over the weekend, I had to resort to finishing projects that were just lingering.  When I finished with this it reminded me of our recent road trip.  The road wound around through the mountains then the salt flats then we had snow and rain and if I think WAY back I think we had something called sunshine - it was a trip that covered a lot of scenery and elements.  So I guess the lesson is - if you have something you've started and can't quite put your finger on how to make it come together, just give it awhile and go back to it with fresh eyes and you might be surprised at the outcome.  Besides, who doesn't like surprises - especially when they come from your own creative hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment