Monday, April 11, 2011

Color or no color?

Yesterday I was feel quite creative.  After I finished this tangle, I thought I would add a little color.  That's when things went south!  It's hard to know what color to put in the tangle (that you've worked all that time on) and then where does the color go?  This one I decided to put just a hint of color instead of going crazy and putting color everywhere.  Don't get me wrong I love the color, just mostly on other peoples' work.  I'm still new at adding color and I'll admit that it intimidates me - and not just a little!  I've tried using all different kinds of pencils for shading, and I've used oil pastels, watercolor pencils, regular colored pencils, and even dabbled with my Photoshop (I know some people think that's cheating but I'm still on the fence) to actually add the color to my entire drawings.  Sometimes I think that less is more, but then I see others' work and wish I were brave enough to totally go for it!  I'm just scared that after putting all the work into the tangle, that it will end up being trash if the color doesn't go right.  Of course right to me is hard to pin down because I'm such a perfectionist about how things look when they're done.  I know, I know, I'm learning to let go of that but like everything, it's a work in progress.  So today my goal is to totally go for it and do the color thing (without using Photoshop) on my next tangle and go all in on it.  So today I hope you find something to totally cover with color and have fun with it!

2 comments:

  1. I love the subtle color on this one! very soothing. It reminds me of coral in the ocean. I also liked the color you added to the flowers the other day. That one is one of my favorites. You do so great on flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely beautifull

    ReplyDelete