Monday, May 23, 2011

Comfy Cozy


I started this piece with LeeAnns (ledenzer from flckr) new Star-Fanleaf pattern and from there it took on a life of its own and was cascading downward before I knew it.  It was lending itself toward things that I love - like big comfy quilts, strings of beads, flowers and such.  I did a rendition of Neil Burleys (GSDM from flckr) Swags pattern, which I really like too.  I'm always looking for ways to create depth and dimension in my pieces because that's one of the things that draws me to the work of others.  I think it makes each piece more interesting, so that's always in the back of my mind. 

On a different note, I have friends that live in Joplin, MO (where the tornado hit last night) and the devastation to property is hard to watch, but the shock to their citizens is unimaginable.  Please keep these resilient and strong people in your thoughts and prayers as they begin to rebuild their lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment