Sunday, May 1, 2011

Looking like Spring


I have to tell you what just happened.  It scared me to death and I almost had a huge panic attack, but then I thought of something and ended up laughing.  I was sitting in my chair with my laptop (getting ready to type this) when I looked down at the arm of my chair (which is like an overstuffed chair) and there was a SPIDER climbing up the arm and was almost to the top of it!!  If I haven't mentioned this before I HATE BUGS!!!!!!!  I felt my heart start racing as I quickly put my laptop on the floor and jumped up.  Of course no one else was around so I was going to have to deal with this on my own (yes this is the time when you get to say "it's just a little bug and you're bigger than it is", or "it's more scared of you than you are of it" - which obviously wasn't true because he was not acting scared of me at all).  I looked around for something to smash him with (still panicking of course for fear he would get away and come back "and get me" later), but I didn't want to just hit him fearing he would fall back into the chair again.  I finally found a piece of paper (by Mr. Thisorthats' chair) and smashed it - hoping he would not raise all eight of his arms and hold back the paper to prove he was going to win this battle.  In the end - I won!!  Then it hit me - "along came a spider and sat down beside her" and I knew exactly why Miss Muffet high-tailed it away from the spider.  Even though I felt a little silly at this point, I still had to laugh!!  And yes, you can laugh at me too!!  :)  I guess that's what Springs brings when it comes - along with the pretty flowers it brings BUGS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment