Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Furniture???


Have you ever heard of barley twist?  It's a type or style of furniture that was made back in the day so it's mostly on antique furniture.  Mr. Thisorthat used to go to auctions, buy antiques, refinish or repair them, and sell them.  He fell in love with this style which translates into we had alot of it!  My favorite was a dinette table and chairs that we had.  It was really pretty to look at but not much fun to strip the finish off and refinish it.  The twist really is twisted!  Anyway it's been a long time since we have had this furniture (I think we have one living room chair still) and for some reason this idea just popped into my head to see if I could draw it.  I guess it's not really a tangle per say, but it was a process that I enjoyed.  I wish I could have captured the perspective a little better, but I'm still happy with how it turned out.  I hope today you make time for yourself - even if it's a cup of coffee in the stillness of your own thoughts.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Great blue tangle - you have an unusual choice of tangle patterns that gives a great look to the design.

    ReplyDelete