Saturday, April 9, 2011

Layers


I know I've said this before on my blog, but sometimes when my brain is dead (which is more often than I care to admit) and I can't think of any new patterns to draw, I fall back on my favorites.  I don't think there's anything wrong with that but the other day when Mr. Thisorthat said they're starting to all look the same, I knew I had a problem!  Not that he doesn't pay attention, (because he's really good at that part) but he brought to my attention that I need to be a little more creative in my layouts.  I hate to admit, that even for me (sometimes) the finished product looks a little like something from my past.  I don't think there's anything wrong with falling into your comfort zone but at the same time we all have so many possibilities at our fingertips that pulling back the layers and exposing that can have an excellent result.  Today I challenge you to step outside of your comfort zone and try something new that makes you step back and smile.  You might be in for a huge surprise at what you have inside you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment