Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Less Shading


Sometimes after I have finished a tangle and start to shade it, the shading seems to almost overwhelm the picture.  Other people looking at it might not see it that way, but it's different when you're the one doing the drawing because you know (in theory) what you want it to look like.  But for me, like holding a death grip on my pen, I get heavy handed with my graphite pencil.  I thought today I would see how I like the softer shading.  I've decided I don't have a preference!  So I'm either indecisive or I just like ALL my work (which we know isn't the truth)!  But either way it's nice to do something that doesn't look like everything else that I do.  Try to change up something you normally do and see how you like the results.  You never know what you'll find.

No comments:

Post a Comment